I learned about the pastry sheets some years back from one of my friend who is the former food blogger, So started making my favorite puffs by my own.
Lets get into the recipe now:
Pastry sheet - 1 sheet (makes 9 small puffs)
Boiled Eggs: - 4 (cut it into two halves)
onion - 1 big (coarsely chopped)
green chili - 2 (slit into two)
tomato- 1 table spoon finely chopped.
ginge garlic paste - 1 tea spoon
coriander powder - 1 tea spoon
chili powder - 1/4 tea spoon
Oil- 2-3 tea spoons
1. Thew pastry sheets as per the instructions in the package and keep ready.
2. Boil eggs, remove shells and cut into halves and keep aside.
3. In the mean time, In a pan, heat 2 tea spoons of oil, and saute the chopped onions and green chili until the onions turn transparent.
4. Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute, when the raw smell leaves, add the tomato and saute well along with the spice powders given. Add a tea spoon of oil if required.
5. Now cut the pastry sheets into nine equal parts, if the sheet has breakages, apply little water in it and press to fix it.
6. Stretch the ends a little and stuff the masala prepared and the cut eggs and close the edges by applying a drop of water to seal it nicely...
7. Preheat oven for 425F and bake these puffs for 15 minutes. check in between after 10 minutes.
Serve with tomato ketchup or sauce.
Notes: To have a nice brown color, brush the beaten eggs on top of the pastry.
Sending this recipe to,
cook and share what you like event
Only food for growing kids event hosted by Shrutis Rasoi and organized by Pari